Here is some important information from our District IPPC Meeting
(Indian Prairie Parents' Council)
* October 19th is the next school board meeting. 7 pm @ Metea Valley HS. Allowing in 50 attendees per Covid guidelines
* October 20th is the next PDAC meeting, discussing equity in e-learning. REGISTER for the meetings at: pdac.eventcombo.com
* October 26th at 7pm is a Parent University about Google Classroom. You can view this on districts Youtube channel:
* October 29th is the deadline for online Reflections submissions.
* November 16th-30th is the Holiday Gift Card drive. We have about 200 families in need. More info coming soon!
* Saily Joshi, the PDAC Chairperson, gave an update on PDAC's mission, purpose, and goals. The next PDAC book club book is "Stamped from the Beginning" by Ibram X. Kendi. The book will be discussed in February 2021.
* Dr. Talley gave a district update.
8 schools are participating in in-person pilots.
High school in-person schedule is being re-examined.
The free breakfast and lunch waiver was extended for the entire school year. Please still complete the free and reduced meal form to help with district funding.
In-person learning will be the same at all of the buildings for each grade level.
The district is trying to hire December college graduates as TA's.
Pumpkin Decorating Contest 2020!
Submissions collected from October 19-30th.
1. Students will carve or decorate a pumpkin and email their finished product to the email@example.com with their Name and Grade
2. All submissions must be emailed by 10/30
3. PTSA will create a survey monkey where students will vote on the top 3 designs on Monday 11/2
4. We will award the top 3 winners
PTSA meetings for October thru December 2020:
All will be from 6:30pm -7:30pm and via Zoom.
The meeting was called to order on Wednesday, 10/14/20, at 6:31pm on Zoom.
The following is the slideshow and questions/answers from tonight's PTSA Meeting:
The meeting was called to order on Wednesday, 9/23/20, at 6:31pm on Zoom.
21 people were present.
Lindsay Kraai introduced the PTSA board and talked about the PTSA's role at Crone.
Megan Fastabend reviewed the 2020-2021 proposed budget. There were no questions about the budget changes. Margaret Wrobel moved to approve the 2020-2021 budget. Sarah Stevens seconded. Motion was approved.
Lindsay reviewed ways to stay connected to the PTSA...What's App/FaceBook/Website/Email.
A spirit wear pop-up shop will be at Commissioners Park on October 4th from 2-5pm.
Helping local businesses through our fundraisers was discussed. Sharko's and Eco Clean are our 2 current fundraisers.
Lindsay gave a Reflections Program update. October 29th entries are due.
Sarah Stevens gave an IPPC September meeting update.
Mrs. Couch talked about Genius Hour, the district remote learning survey, and remote learning expectations.
Mrs. Couch, Ms. Lewis, and Mr. Chorba all answered questions that were sent in from parents.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:40pm.